Responsible Disclosure of Security Vulnerabilities
We're working with the security community to make Lumminary safe for everyone.
Reporting security issues
If you've discovered a security vulnerability, we appreciate your help in disclosing it to us in a responsible manner.
We'll work with you to make sure that we understand the scope of the issue, and that we fully address your concern. If you believe you have discovered a vulnerability or have a security incident to report, please email: security-disclosure (at) lumminary.com. Please include a detailed summary of the issue you discovered. Be sure to include an email address where we can reach you in case we need more information.
Code of Conduct
Please act in good faith towards our users' privacy and data during your disclosure. When testing for vulnerabilities, please do not insert test code into popular public guides or threads. These guides are used by thousands of people daily, and disrupting their experience by testing for vulnerabilities is harmful.
please delete all comments, posts or anything which can be seen publicly by other people when you have completed your testing and reporting.
We won't take legal or administrative action against you or your account if you act accordingly: White hat researchers are always appreciated.
We're happy to provide a reward to users who report valid security vulnerabilities. To be eligible for credit and a reward, you must:
- Be the first person to responsibly disclose the bug.
- Report a bug that could compromise our users' private data, circumvent the system's protections, or enable access to a system within our infrastructure.
Low Tier Bounties ($15 reward)
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF/XSRF)
- Broken Authentication
- Circumvention of our framework's privacy and permission models
- In general any vulnerability which related to our websites – (lumminary.com, client area, forums, docs site)
- SQL Injection
- Exposed Administrative Panels that don’t require login credentials
- Directory Traversal Issues
- Local File Disclosure (LFD)
- Anything not listed but low overall risk
High Tier Bounties ($100 reward)
- Persistent Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- In general any vulnerability which exposes extremely sensitive data or renders SU control
- Server-side Remote Code Execution (RCE)
- Access Control Issues (Insecure Direct Object Reference issues, etc)
- Privilege escalation
- Anything not listed but important.
Our security team will assess each bug to determine if it qualifies. We do our best to respond to your reports in a timely manner. We aim to respond within 3 business days, however some reports take longer than others to investigate. We reply only during business hours (weekdays, excluding holidays). Repeated emails will NOT result in a quicker response, and may bump your report to the end of the queue.
Thank you for your help with keeping the Lumminary community safe. We really appreciate it.